Problems connecting to your Controller’s hotspot
Creating a WiFi hotspot takes a lot of power. While the WiFi signal may look strong (i.e. have many signal bars) before you connect, it can significantly drop in intensity while the Neo Smart Blinds Controller is also transmitting information. Keep your phone or tablet within a few feet to minimize transmission distance. If this problem persists after several attempts, contact technical support.
Important note to Android users:
After connecting to the hotspot, you should wait about 10 seconds before returning to the app. Your phone may notify you that this access point does not have Internet access, and ask you whether you want to remain connected. You should confirm that you do before pressing “Next” in step 3. Otherwise you will see this error message in the app.
Smart Controller didn't come online
This can happen for a few reasons:
- The wrong WiFi credentials (i.e. combination of network name and password) were provided. We suggest verifying you can connect with another device (e.g. phone or tablet) using those WiFi credentials before trying again. If you see this error message and your Neo Smart Blinds Controller is blinking blue, it is because the wrong credential were provided.
- The WiFi signal is not strong enough. Even with the right credentials, your Neo Smart Blinds Controller will fail to connect if it doesn’t get a strong signal from the router. Move it closer and try again. Your Neo Smart Blinds Controller will be blinking green or blue rapidly if this is the problem.
- Your WiFi network does not have access to the Internet, or your internet is being blocked by a firewall. Your Controller will be blinking green very slowly if this is the problem.
- A firewall is blocking your Neo Smart Blinds Controller access to our servers. Your Controller will be alternating between flashing cyan/blue-green and orange if this is the problem. Make sure to configure your firewall to allow outgoing CoAP TCP connection to 220.127.116.11 on port 5683.
This Controller is already associated with another account
This error message appears if your Neo Smart Blinds Controller has already been added to another account. For example, an account you created with another email. A Neo Smart Blinds Controller can only belong to a single account, so you must delete it from the old account before adding it to the new one.
If you have not already added it to another account, contact technical support.
How to operate the motor using the remote control
It depends of which setup code you have in your account. Please use the table below to download the motor programming and operating instructions for the setup code in use in your account.
Using the Neo Smart Blinds app:
- Tap on the menu (upper left corner)
- Select settings
- Tap on View advanced settings, in the bottom of the page
|Setup Code||Favorite Position||Stop and Favorite Position||Motor Instructions|
** Limit of one Smart Controller per account
The blind does not acknowledge the pairing signal in step 4
If sending the pair signal doesn’t work the first time you can try sending the signal again by pushing “Retry”. However, if it doesn’t work after several attempts you should try one of the following:
- Ensure the blind is actually in Pair-Mode. A blind will automatically exit Pair-Mode if it isn’t sent a pairing signal within several minutes. To ensure a blind is in Pair-Mode:
- Force the blind into its normal operating state. This can be done by selecting its channel on its primary remote control, then pushing up or down repeatedly until it starts to move. This may take 15-20 clicks of the remote if the blind was in pair-mode.
- On the blind, push and hold the “P” button for 2-3 seconds until it jogs back-and-forth or beeps. Now press “Retry” in the app.
- Reposition your Neo Smart Blinds Controller closer to the blind so as to improve the signal strength, then push “Retry”. See instructions for repositioning your Neo Smart Blinds Controller.
My original remote control no longer works with one of my blinds
This can occur for several reasons:
- The blind motor does not have power. Ensure the batteries are charged.
- The remote control is not working. Ensure it can control another blind. If it can’t, replace the batteries or the remote control.
- The memory on the blind was cleared. If the “P” button is held for too long, or if it is pressed for 2-3 seconds when the blind is already in Pair-Mode, the blind will jog back and forth twice, indicating the memory has been cleared. If this happens you will need to repair the original remote control. To do so:
- On the blind, press and hold the “P” button for 2-3 seconds, until it jogs back-and-forth or beeps.
- On the remote control, select a channel for the blind, then press “C” (on the back of the remote).
I repositioned my Smart Controller but it won't get to state 4
This is likely because the WiFi signal is not strong enough in the Neo Smart Blinds Controller’s new location. Move the Neo Smart Blinds Controller to a position with a stronger WiFi signal.
I changed my router and the Smart Controller is not working anymore
This is normal to happen since the Smart Controller needs the new Wifi network and its password in order to work. You can either change these informations in your router or delete the controller from you account and add it again.
To delete your Smart Controller:
- Open the menu in the app
- Tap on Your Controllers
- Delete your controller using the trash icon
To add your controller back to your account, please follow this step by step belowAdding a controller